August 30, 2023

The Blue Mountain by Stephen Jarrell Williams

My tears burn
from letting it out
I weez and cough
escaping back into the mountain
trees and streams in the far view
away from the choke of cities
collecting myself and deep breathing
in the secret places once unknown
their caves of ivory walls painted by hand
and floors of thick moss
green shimmering
fresh as heaven in the beginning
how I refound this in my childhood
memories 
coming back to me
in these days of distress
walking in awe through the tunnels
and vaulted ceilings
masterful paintings on the walls
and every slab of stone and walkway
monuments to the dead
fathers and mothers
of seed and flowers
this secret place
that in telling you
I've opened a possible
gate to destruction
for everyone that follows and finds
The treasures and haunting of
The Blue Mountain.


Stephen Jarrell Williams loves to write poems and paint works of art at night with lightning bolts!  (Always wearing rubber gloves!)  He can be found on Twitter @papapoet 

No comments:

Post a Comment