October 1, 2018

Come Out / Breaking Bread by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal

Come Out 

Wild flower spread for me.
Winged angel sing.
Naked muse come out.
Black swan dance with me.

Summer is ending
full of love’s sorrow.

Weigh my suffering
in the pain in the wound in my heart.

Mine is the light.
The animals take and take.
The skylark sings
of the roads I must travel.






Breaking Bread 

Breaking bread
with a bird
in a dream,

the bird takes
his piece and
pecks at it.

Soon it is
in flight and
it sings out.

My piece of
bread is gone
in one bite.

I do not
sing.  I fly
in this dream.






Luis, born in Mexico, lives in California and works in the mental health field in Los Angeles. Pygmy Forest Press published his book, Raw Materials.  Other books and chapbooks have been published by Alternating Current Press, Deadbeat Press, Kendra Steiner Editions, New Polish Beat, Poet’s Democracy, and Ten Pages Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment