September 13, 2018

Of Dust and Pain / Perspective by Megha Sood

Of Dust and Pain

The slow effervescence
the vaporizing effect of the sadness
body losing itself to the thin air
slowly and surely
the mothball slowly giving it to the air
its existence and its frailty
and the deep sense of attachment
the ephemeral bond between the existence and frailty
the curled up pieces of the burning papers
with its bits and pieces
earmarking the days and the nights
with its ashen touch
like the sand in the water
submerged and yet to dissolve
you can still feel
the existence of the silt and the sediment
the gelid hands of the reality
pinches me with its
cold fingers and freezes my warm heart
this sacred ritual of dissatisfaction
and time eating time
when the body completes the sacred circle
and suddenly there comes a realization
an epiphany of the sorts
we were all a ball of illusion
soaked in the murky pulverized dust
of pain and angst
to begin with.





Perspective

With my shackled mind and encumbered thoughts
as my feet rise up the
steps of the old mighty temple
desolate yet imbued
with the fullness of life
my body disguised as a prayer
and my palms folded
as the dissatisfaction is
neatly tucked in the center of my palms
I count the steps
in sync with my raging heartbeats and bated breath
I walk by the neat line of the beggars and less fortunate ones
the lingering shine of the quest in their eyes aren’t different from mine
carrying the burden of the life on their stooped shoulder
and heavy eyelids, they are praying too
under their muted breath
but to a god of a different origin
which will satiate the hunger in their knotted belly
their hunger is not so different from mine
I say this to myself
as I reach the parapet and
with my warm feet on the gelid
checkered floors of the temple
resembling the mosaic of truth and the lies
weaved surreptitiously in my bleak reality
brooding with deep silence
I face the divine with a question deep seeded
in my bleary eyes
the answers to which
I already passed by on my way here.






Megha Sood lives in Jersey City, New Jersey. She is also a contributing author at GoDogGO Cafe, Candles Online, FVR Publishing, Whisper and the Roar and Poets Corner.  Her works have been featured in GoDogGoCafe, Whisper and the Roar, Duane Poetree, Visual Verse, Vita Brevis, Poets Corner, Modern poetry, Spillwords Press, and coming up in Modern Literature, KOAN (Paragon Press), Dime Show review and many more. 


She recently won the 1st prize in NAMI NJ Dara Axelrod Mental Health Poetry contest. She blogs at https://meghasworldsite.wordpress.com/.

2 comments:

  1. Once again the awesome talent of Megha Sood is presented to warm our hearts. Well done dear friend! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way Megha writes, she taps the soul

    ReplyDelete