August 15, 2018

I Am In Love by Rimli Bhattacharya

I am in love with the silver moon
Countless nights I have stayed awake
And have basked in delight of the silvercoin.

I am in love with the silver moon
The half, the quarters and the full
Which shines from the sky giving off the light.

I am in love with the silver moon
Which adornes the sky like a radiant pearl
The rays entering the doors of heaven.

From my desk adjacent to the window
I have watched my confidante
With whom I have shared my joys and sorrows.
I had stringed a necklace of love
For the brilliant spherule of white luster.

Tonight I will stay awake 
For I will walk miles together 
With the one I am in love.

Yes I am in love
I am in love with the silver moon. 







Rimli Bhattacharya is a gold medalist in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA in supply chain management. Her writing has appeared in several magazines, engineering journals, blogs, and in the anthology Book of Light. She is also a trained classical dancer and is based out of Mumbai, India.

No comments:

Post a Comment