October 27, 2022

You Are The Windchime / Now I Hold My Magic Near And Dear by Linda M. Crate

you are the windchime 

you haunt me,
lingering in the 
marrow of my bones;
and in the gardens
of my heart and soul
your melody still comes
to me all these moons
and oceans after our last parting,
in pink sunsets and white roses;
and mentions of our old haunts
or movies and shows and songs
we used to watch and experience together
some people part from us,
and we are okay and move on;
but you are the wind chime
always sending chills down my spine
the faerie that refuses to be forgotten.



now i hold my magic near and dear

sometimes 
i am grateful for the
spells autumn has cast
because you no longer
have any control over my heart,
but sometimes your name
still inspires my ire;
but it is more hurt and anger than haunting
would've never cast the dark magic
on anyone hat you did me but i guess that's
why they tell you that not everyone has your
same heart so don't expect them to treat you well,
and so i hold my magic near and dear
to my heart so no one can use it against me again.





Linda M. Crate is a Pennsylvanian writer born in Pittsburgh raised in the rural town of Conneautville. In addition to writing her favorite things are: nature (especially flowers, trees, and bodies of water), books, music, anime, and crime shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment