May 27, 2020

This Loneliness by Edward Lee

Whoever has been scattering
flower petals
beneath my feet,
please stop;

in the rain they become as ice
upon which I slip, slide,
a fool dancing with himself,
while other times
they stick to my soles
and stain the carpets
with broken-rainbows
when I return home
to my silent kingdom,
the echo of my leaving
meeting me at the door.







Edward Lee's poetry, short stories, non-fiction and photography have been published in magazines in Ireland, England and America, including The Stinging Fly, Skylight 47, Acumen and Smiths Knoll.  His debut poetry collection "Playing Poohsticks On Ha'Penny Bridge" was published in 2010. He is currently working towards a second collection.  He also makes musical noise under the names Ayahuasca Collective, Lewis Milne, Orson Carroll, Blinded Architect, Lego Figures Fighting, and Pale Blond Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment