October 6, 2017

Cut You Out by Linda M. Crate

the pale blue whisper
of day
sings to me 
of clarity and vision
so i cut away the lie of your eyes
they were far too distracting

forget-me-nots have no place here
because you said we ought to be strangers
nothing would give me more pleasure
than dropping your bones
in the river
watching them wash away

so i cut out my old heart and grew a new one
remembered i am a warrior of love and light
magical and strong i will never be
shattered by lust and nightmares
i am the dream giver
full of dreams, light, and intensity no one will take from me.






Linda M. Crate's works have appeared in numerous magazines and anthologies both online and in print. She is the author of the Magic Series and four published chapbooks. She is a Pennsylvanian native who loves nature, art, literature, anime, and spending time with loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment