March 24, 2017

A Downy Feather by Daginne Aignend

I knew the energy was different
A strange vigor, a diffuse light pulsating
from my shoulders into my biceps
I could feel the emerging strength
as I spread my arms, flapping
An exciting sensation came over me
when I levitated just a few inches
above the floor and hovered,
just before my feet touched the ground again
I blinked my eyes, pinched my cheek
but nothing changed
The soft energy glow was still all around me
My legs trembled when I jumped out of the window
Panic, in a freefall towards the moist cobblestones
Again I flapped with my arms, fluttering ...
Floating on the soothing airstreams
above the desolate streets at night
Gliding between the rooftops,
increasing my speed
till I was a powerful jet conquering the skies

I never knew what really happened
but my shoulders got more muscular
after that night
And occasionally, after waking up,  I found  
a little downy white feather on my cushion







Daginne Aignend is a pseudonym for the Dutch poetess Inge Wesdijk. She likes hard rock music, photography and fantasy books. She is a vegetarian and spends a lot of time with her animals. Daginne started to write English poetry five years ago and posted some of her poems on her Facebook page and on her fun project website www.daginne.com. She has been published in some online Poetry Review Magazines with a pending publication at the Contemporary Poet's Group anthology 'Dandelion in a Vase of Roses'.


1 comment: