April 17, 2015

The Memory Jar by Bobbi Sinha-Morey

In the spring I dressed
in white cotton, wandering
among the deer and marked
their fawns with my fingertips.
By the daystar, in my idle time,
I sleep among the ferns when
mist lingers over the grass and
the red golden apples are furred
with dew. I'd considered rising
on my own wings to glide away
in the wind. In the spell of the
season I seal all my sensations
in a memory jar; and, come
the dusk, I'd open it shyly to
let every memory brush over
me softer than down; small
hooks on which a whole life
is hung.









Bobbi Sinha-Morey has been published in places such as The Path, Pirene's Fountain, Plainsongs, Taproot Literary Review, and Bellowing Ark, among others. Her books of poetry are available at Amazon.com and www.writewordsinc.com. Bobbi's website is located at http://bobbisinhamorey.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment