November 12, 2014

My Lover's Hair by Steve Klepetar

On the radio nothing
but murmurs in a minor
key.  Guitar courts 

mandolin, slides behind
harmonica’s whine. 
Even the news can’t make

me sad.  Morning hugs 
me gently to her lazy Sunday
breast.  Birdsong, mist, 

squirrels chasing across
my roof, coffee and crumbs
of pain au chocolat.  Even 

the news and the growing
body count. My lover’s
hair trails her like a starry robe.







Steve Klepetar’s work has received several nominations for the Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net.  Three collections appeared in 2013: Speaking to the Field Mice (Sweatshoppe Publications), Blue Season (with Joseph Lisowski, mgv2>publishing), and My Son Writes a Report on the Warsaw Ghetto (Flutter Press).  An e-chapbook, Return of the Bride of Frankenstein, came out in 2014 as part of the Barometric Pressures series of e-chapbooks by Kind of a Hurricane Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment