September 9, 2011

I'm Wondering - by Michael Estabrook

If I were riding my bicycle
in the Tour de France, a little
ahead of the Peloton
with a chance of winning a stage,
this stage, Stage 7 or 9 or 12,
and rounding a turn I came upon you
standing at the side of the road,
clapping and cheering the riders on,
so distracting in your peach-colored dress
or your pure white slacks and tight tank top,
would I be able to finish the race,
or even continue one more mile? No,
I don’t think so, I don’t think so,
I don’t think I ever could.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, my brother-in-law, an Oregon bike shop owner, might love this. He is not a Lance Armstrong fan and he is still being tested in his retirement for possible steroid use.
    My brother-in-law prefers expensive Italian road bikes but he still watches the Tour anyway.

    ReplyDelete