August 5, 2011

Untitled Love Poem by Martin Willitts Jr.

Love is not a still pond
but rather  a sow feeding piglets.

Why such a rough image, you ask.

Love is not beauty, but plain-spoken.
Not perfect, not spoken,
like the way I stare at my wife
as  she unbraids her hair
and the stars are not any brighter,

but the loosening
is just for me,

So how can I not stare? Transfixed,
soundless as stilled water
with a stirring underneath,
plain as the barrette,
spoken in the brush sounds.

Only the ones
who seek Love
will find Love.


Martin Willitts Jr loves writing long poems but occasionally he writes a short one. He has been accepted for four forthcoming chapbooks including True Simplicity” (Poets Wear Prada Press, 2011), “My Heart Is Seven Wild Swans Lifting” (Slow Trains, 2011), “Why Women Are A Ribbon Around A Bomb” (Last Automat, 2011), and “Art Is Always an Impression of What an Artist Sees” (Muse CafĂ©, 2011).





No comments:

Post a Comment